Sunday, December 31, 2017

Greatest thing since sliced bread, O. T.

Maurice Sendak
            I’m no longer impressed with sliced bread.  If anything, the advancement is to actually get bread that is not sliced.

            To me it should be:  The greatest thing since flannel sheets!

            Flannel sheets must not be that common.  No motel features soft flannel sheets.

            My history started as a kid on the farm where my farmhouse upstairs bedroom had no heat.  My Mother had warm flannel sheets for Winter and smooth cotton sheets for Summer.


            I don’t remember how I got back to trying flannel again as an adult but it’s great, year around.  If your skin is shocked by cool slick sheets, try flannel.  After three nights of soft and warm, you’ll never go back.



No comments:

Post a Comment