Thursday, April 14, 2022

It has happened again!

 

Primulina 'Xuan's Party Dress' with Sinningia 'Prudence Risley'



              It’s happening again.

 

            My Primulina ‘Xuan’s Party Dress’ is flowering with multiple buds and flowers at the west windowsill where it has been for years.

 

            Successful reflowering for Primulina is a major test which it has passing again this year.

 

            ‘Party Dress’ is one of the best for early flowering and the flower is blue, a change from mostly purple varieties.

 

            This year it is joined by ‘Prudence Risley’ with spectacular red flowers.  This plant’s early life was in the greenhouse, but the buds have been opening regularly here.





4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I grow XPD, too, and agree that it is a very nice variety. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we sell them in small pots, we rarely have flowers. So the silver leaves makes them saleable.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I purchased an Asian Violet a year or two ago. I've lost the stick that identified the specific species though. It's alive, but not thriving. I've yet to figure out how to make it happy enough to flower. I do recall the stick saying the flowers would be blue though. I've given it violet food on occasion. I have it in a self-watering pot and I wait until it is dry in the water reservoir to water it. It live in a west-facing window. Any tips you can share with me would be extremely helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on a story about culture. Maybe within the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete