Thursday, November 15, 2012

100 Years old





Story # 71


      My Dad would have been 100 years old today.  Kenneth William Hunter was born November 15, 1912.  His parents, William and Clara Hunter, were Farmers and Dad was a Farmer.

     I was encouraged to leave the farm so that I would have an easier life.  It was decided for me when, in 1962, he had a heart attack and died.  At the time, treatment for heart problems was bed rest------ completely opposite of today’s angioplasty and stent treatments with full activity.


      The farm was gone and I was away from it but I eventually came back to growing things.  Through a great set of events, I ended up at Penn State studying horticulture and commercial flower production.


      In the greenhouse, I was farming in a building.


      Don’t let anybody tell you that we should go back to the ‘Good Old Days’.


      In the old days, there was no medical treatment for blocked arteries to the heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment