Sunday, April 7, 2013

Celebrate!

Streptocarpus 'Essue' - Heirloom hybrid by Gary's Specialty Plants
Story # 101,


Celebrate!


                “Is this a great country or what?”


      This quote should come to mind almost everyday by every American who benefits from today’s modern world.  My impression of its source is what non-American born baseball players say when they can successfully play professional baseball and get paid millions.


      My little piece of the puzzle is to celebrate one year of writing this blog.  The amazing point is not that I made it this far.  The amazing part is that the capability of producing these pictures and words is on an internet platform --- Blogger--- provided by Google --------FREE.


      How can they do that?


      I didn’t know if I was capable of writing a blog that would be of any value to anyone.  The Blogger stats show that there have been over ten thousand pageviews worldwide in this first year.  Many of the searches find previous posts, so maybe there is some residual value here.


     My motive is still to do it for myself.  It may have indirectly helped sell some plants.


      It has helped me think more clearly about some things --- Plants and business.  If you can’t write it down, you probability don’t know what you’re talking about.


      Success is a fleeting state.  In sports after every win, there is the coach saying, “Ok, let’s get ready for the next game.


      I choose to celebrate one year of writing with a picture.  Thank you to Google for providing this capability.




No comments:

Post a Comment