Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Who wants to tissue culture my plants?

Sinningia 'Colorado Sunset'
        

                                                                                  
 

Who wants to produce my tissue culture plants?

 

            Maybe there is someone out there that wants to propagate my specialty plants with their own tissue culture lab?

 

            The commercial labs that I’ve talked to are too busy with the hundreds of clones that can benefit from this specialized technique.

 

            Specifically, I want someone to give me Stage II unrooted top cuttings of Sinningias.  Stage II is slightly hardened unrooted top shoots that can be shipped to me, and I will root them.  I’ve done this before until my sources disappeared.

 

            Commercial labs mostly have production greenhouses associated with them to grow plantlets to Stage IV, rooted plugs ready for transplant.

 

            But I only need the test tube part of the system.  I’ve not done it, but clever adventurous homeowners have done this in their kitchens.

 

            The serious science is in establishing the correct protocol for the chemicals in the agar.  The formula is known for Sinningias and there are sources for the media.

 

            So, who wants to do it?

 

            Please email me, gary@garysspecialtyplants.com with your plan.  It would be a great service to Horticulture.




No comments:

Post a Comment