Sunday, March 6, 2022

The Begonia amphioxus are coming!

Begonia amphioxus

 


The Begonia amphioxus are coming!

 

            This rare Begonia species was discovered at Strange’s Garden Center in Richmond VA.  It was in a terrarium display and I was told it may need extra humidity.  So, I bought one to propagate.  It is small and delicate looking but it may be tougher.

 

            I have a dome to cover it in the house but it’s doing fine with no cover and no extra humidity.

 

            I’ve never seen a Begonia with such bright and shiny spots.  It may only be for collectors, but I like it.

 

            Since then, I bought 8 stock plants to cut from and to grow in 2.5” pots for the world to see.

 

            It’s small so will take time.  Prices will be high, but if you find one, how can you not have one?





No comments:

Post a Comment