Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Featured Story from the Past.

Asian Violets by the Hundreds

            The Google blog platform has a new gadget that allows me to place a selected blog post as a featured story.

            Amazingly Google still supports their blog system at no charge.  Is this a great country or what?  Thank you, Google.

            So what do I want to bring to your attention?

            I got an email from Alcie, a Gesneriad hobbyist, who likes my name for Primulina as Asian Violets.

            The common name is an important issue for the long term success of Asian Violets as common houseplants.  So I am showing my thinking on the name and how it is the most logical one.  The featured story is at the bottom of the blog window.


            If you don’t like the common name ‘Asian Violets’, please tell me what you like.  If you like the common name ‘Asian Violets’ use it as often as you can.



2 comments:

  1. I've been using the name "Asian Violets" for quite a while on the plants I sell to the general public. I was glad to see you using it, too. Great minds think alike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad that Asian Violet is your choice of common name for Primulina. So far I don’t see any other name competing.

    ReplyDelete