Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Question deadline has been extended

 

                                   

                                       Elusive but worth it


No one has answered my question:  What is the next new ‘hot’ plants?

 

The problem could be: 1.  No one knows.  2.  No one sees my blog, but if they did, they would suggest 10 plants.  3.  Several people know the answer but want to keep it to themselves to steal the market.

 

I’ve seen top plant lists in trade magazines.  Many if these plants don’t fit into our small plant category, so don’t help.

 

Maybe, we are already growing the plant that will run away with the internet influencers.

 

We will pay attention.

 

Please comment with your plant selection.




7 comments:

  1. Nematanthus pycnophyllus. It has a compact trailing habit that satisfies that itch for people who love hanging plants, and it has thick succulent-like leaves that would hit the succulent trend. I can also bloom in lowerlight conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look this one up. You're right, that is a very interesting species!

      Delete
  2. Boea hygroscopica. It's rare enough so that it can be sold at a higher price. It's bright blue blossoms are eye catching, and it can be bloomed under lower light. It's tolerant of inconsistent watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cebu Blue?! I am mad at myself because I swear I saw one for sale at the beginning of summer for $15. I passed on it but now I can't find it anywhere. Prices are going up on Etsy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink Princess Philodendron, Any/all hoyas, Peperomia hope, stephania erecta, n'joy pothos! :) I buy your plants at Creekside Gardens in Tunkhannock and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Variegated indian rope plants are lovely.

    ReplyDelete