Sunday, May 21, 2023

Streptocarpus 'Jealous Heart' -- More Clues

 

Streptocarpus 'Jealous Heart' - 2013


I’m searching for the most heat tolerant Streptocarpus, which, in my judgement, is ‘Jealous Heart’.

 

I’ve found a reference to this plant in Gesneriads, vol 63, number 3, Third Quarter 2013.  Mary Schaeffer reported that ‘Jealous Heart’ was picked for the Challenge Class at the Philadelphia Flower Show – 2013.

 

I had forgotten that I was involved with that pick and grew the starter plants that were distributed to the growers who entered to show that they were the best home growers. 

 

The significance of this history is that we know that the pool of people who know this variety is bigger than expected.

 

Does anyone still have it?





2 comments:

  1. Perhaps this grower? https://www.etsy.com/shop/BrandywineBotanica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this lead. Nanette has a large collection of Streptocarpus but does not have 'Jealous Heart' at this time.
      I will keep looking, but it may be lost.

      Delete